Saturday, September 15, 2007

QUESTIONS TO ASK THE INTERVIEWER

1. What might a typical work day in this job be like?

2. What are some typical trainee assignments?

3. How does this position relate to other positions within the organization?

4. What type of career paths do people typically follow within this organization?

5. What kind of supervision will I receive?

6. How will my performance be evaluated?

7. What opportunities exist for continued training?

8. What is the organization's policy regarding continuing education?

9. What are the organization's short-range and long-range goals?

10. I was reading about ________ in your organization's literature, and am interested in learning more about it. Can you tell me more?

11. Do your employees participate in any professional associations or conferences?

12. As an employee of this organization, what do you see as some of its outstanding attributes?

13. How would you describe the work environment in your organization?

14. What makes your organization different from your competitors?

15. Who are the people with whom I will be working? May I talk with some of them?

16. In the last five years, how many persons have held this position? Where are they now?

17. Do you expect the person you hire to assume responsibilities in new areas?

18. May I have a copy of the job description?

19. What might be a typical first assignment?

20. What type of immediate and ongoing training can I expect?

21. What do you consider the ideal background for this position?

22. Why do you think this job might be the right spot for me?

DO NOT ASK questions about salaries and benefits unless the interviewer introduces these topics.

No comments: